Born July 28th, 2010. 8lbs, 14oz. Healthy and gorgeous, with all 10 fingers and toes. And she’s ours!
How it all happened: Today at about 4pm we got a call from our social worker telling us that there was an “instant baby” born yesterday. This means that the birth mother hadn’t contacted the agency until after the baby was born. We agreed to show her our family book, and about two hours later, she’d picked us and we were on our way to the hospital. We meet her birth mom and family and got to hold her. Man, did I mention she’s gorgeous? We don’t get to bring her home until Saturday, but we’ll get to spend all day tomorrow with her at the hospital. We’re very much in shock and so happy!
More later when things have calmed down a bit. As of right now, it’s 2:00 AM and this is how we feel:
Ok, well, up to this point the blog has been strictly about the adoption, but now I’ve been tagged by a friend in the adoption community, Robyn. Thanks Robyn!
1. List 7 random things about yourself that people may not know.
2. Link the person who sent this to you, and leave a comment on their blog so that their readers can visit yours.
3. Post the rules on your blog.
4. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, linking their blog. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
OK..here it goes…
1. I collect anything shaped like a snail. Anything.
2. I am a Sci-Fi/Fantasy nerd. Doctor Who is a god!
3. I do an amazing impression of an 8th grade boy trying to talk his way out of trouble.
4. I have a not-so-secret crush on Jack White. Hi Jack!
5. I collect perfume bottles.
6. My first concert was Ray Charles and the Rayettes. I was way too young to appreciate it
7. I am three degrees from Kevin Bacon
All of my adoption buddies have been tagged, and I’ve only got one other blogger friend, so Megan, here ya go!